Wednesday 21 March 2018

2018 books I'm looking forward to.


Good morning world. So it's like quarter to three in the morning and I am still at work, waiting for a phone call. I've started a book and got half way through. But after the book, I have very little left to do until the phone call comes (whenever that may be). And I really can't fall asleep on a desk. So I decided I'd start a blog post with more good intentions, even though I'm painfully aware that this might just become yet another draft post on this: things that I get lost in, or forget about.

I am quite sure that there is something much more important I am meant to be doing. And if my lecturer reads this, he will most certainly agree with me. However, I'm taking some time this morning to just write. Simply because I need to. And I might return today, but I might not. My head is a little bit full right now. So I'm going to write about books. Books that I am looking forward to being released this year. I'll try to include a Goodreads link for each one!


 I Have Lost My Way: Gayle Forman
I had so so much love for If I Stay, and Just One Day. The only one of her books I haven't read is Leave Me. But it's on my list for this year. Forman is incredibly accessible and I love her YA fiction. Perhaps it is because her writing is simple. I can only hope that it's as good as If I Stay and Where she Went. 

‘‘You gonna be okay,’’ she says.

‘‘How can you know that?’’ Harun asks. 
“When a broken bone heals, it’s stronger than it was before the break,’’ she replies. “Same holds true for broken hearts.’’



 The Next person You Meet in Heaven: Mitch Albom

The Five People You Meet In Heaven changed me: totally and completely. It altered my ways of thinking and outlook on life in more ways than any other book ever has, quite possibly. I've read a couple more Albom novels after this but nothing has ever quite lived up to the brilliance of The Five People You Meet In Heaven. I'm really hoping that the sequel will be the same.

“You have peace," the old woman said, "when you make it with yourself.”
(From The Five People You Meet in Heaven).



 Notes On A Nervous Planet: Matt Haig
Now, I suppose that this is a tricky one and I had a confession to make. I've not yet managed to finish Matt Haig's Reasons to Stay Alive. Why? Because I find it easier to read fiction when I am depressed. I like to escape my head if I can. And when I'm feeling okay, I'm scared of rocking the boat. I am not so far ahead of my depression that I feel I can engage with such a reflective text. Regardless of this, I absolutely adore Haig. I think he is revolutionary. I find him comforting, in his fiction and his tweets! Eventually, I will get around to Reasons to Stay Alive! I am excited about Notes on a Nervous Planet all the same and will probably engage with it sooner rather than later.



 Legendary: Stephanie Garber
Oh my god. Where to begin? I have a big soft spot for YA: especially YA fantasy novels. Caraval was one I received in a Fairy Loot box at some point last year. I think I managed it in one sitting: I was hooked! But I have so many questions! I cannot wait to read this sequel. It reminds me of the Night Circus, but better, which I didn't ever imagine was possible! I thought legend was such an interesting character, and we know so little about him from Caraval. I'm ready for a good back story now. And the cover art is absolutely beautiful. I'll be posting a review of this as soon as it comes out and I can get my hands on it.
“Every person has the power to change their fate if they are brave enough to fight for what they desire more than anything.”  


34538386
I have a lot of love for Holly Bourne. Late last year, I went to a Waterstones signing for her YA novel It Only Happens in The Movies. She is so grounded, awesome and a really big feminist! She's super entertaining and fun but is passionate about making a change in the world with regard to gender roles and limitations. I love that about her. I'm really interested to see where she goes with an adult novel! I'm very much in love with her Spinster Club series, too; it's fantastic!

And that's not the only Holly Bourne novel I'm excited about....


39297840
Look at thiss! This was only announced a couple of days ago, and I am already over the moon at Bourne's upcoming YA publication! I am well and truly fan



It doesn't even have a cover yet. But Bourne is an author that I know will produce something relatable and amazing. Very very excited! There's no Goodreads information on this novel yet, but I'm sure there will be very soon! And August isn't too far away now!
And finally, I draw this post (or rather a list of excited ramblings) to a close with another of my favourite YA authors. Miss Sarah J Maas. I loved the Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy. Rhysand and Feyre will never ever be beaten by another fictional couple. Not even my love for Elizabeth and Darcy can compare (at least I don't think...). I was sure that Maas would be leaving my favourites behind and branching off into other aspects of this world.

So a novella in the same universe will be absolutely perfect. I cannot wait to get back to all of the wonderful characters!!



It's like quarter to four in the morning now, and I'm still at work. But I'm going to get back to a book now. I get to go home soon (I hope!).


Night Night guys.










3 comments:

  1. One of your lecturers may have Views on what you're reading, but would never suggest that you read less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk About Sex...

So let's talk about sex, and this is going to sound like a rant I'm sure. But let's get something straight: Men and ...